1. BRAE warrants its Rainsets™ and all water storage tanks and rainwater harvesting system accessories sold by BRAE (the “Products”) to be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal usage for a period of one year from the date of installation or two years from the date of manufacture, whichever is shorter. Filters, UV lamps, pump seals and any other consumable parts are excluded from this Product warranty. This Limited Warranty is given to the original purchaser and is non-transferable to subsequent owners or users.
2. In the event any Products are determined by BRAE to be defective in materials or workmanship within the warranty period, BRAE will, in its sole discretion, either repair or replace the Products without charge. The remedies stated herein are the sole remedies for Product defects within the applicable warranty period.
3. In order to make a Product warranty claim within the warranty period, you must do the following:
- Call BRAE’s customer service department at 1-800-772-1958 to receive a return material authorization number. Labor, freight or other expenses not authorized in writing in advance by BRAE will not be compensated.
- Provide BRAE with proof of purchase of the Products, installation date, adequate detail relating to the nature of the defect, the manner in which the Products were installed, the history of operation, and any repairs that may have been made.
- Provide proof that the Products were installed in accordance with the applicable Product installation manuals and any special written instructions provided by BRAE or the Product manufacturer.
- Provide proof that the Products were installed in accordance with all applicable local building, plumbing and electrical codes.
4. This Limited Warranty shall be void due to failure to observe the following conditions:
- The rainwater system in which the Products are used must be hooked up to an auxiliary potable municipal or well cold water supply.
- The incoming water pressure must be between 0 and 100 pounds per square inch.
- Incoming water to the rainwater system cannot exceed 105 degrees F (40 degrees C).
5. BRAE shall not be responsible for any costs of removal, installation, re-installation or transportation of Products, any costs incurred to remove, repair or replace other materials, any labor charges, or any expenses or consequential damages which may arise from defective Products or in connection with a warranty claim.
6. BRAE assumes no responsibility under this Limited Warranty for any damage to the Products caused after they have left the control of BRAE, including but not limited to damage caused by fire, flood, freezing, water pressure or voltage spikes or environmental factors, or from contractors, trades people or visitors on the job site or damage caused as a result of post-installation work or other matters over which BRAE has no control. BRAE shall not be responsible for leaks caused by pipes disconnected by contractors, leaks caused by systems damaged during the installation process, or electrical damage caused by incorrect field wiring. This Limited Warranty does not cover Products that have been relocated from the site of their original installation. This Limited Warranty shall be invalidated by any abuse, misuse, misapplication, improper installation or maintenance, or unqualified or unauthorized repair of the Products.
THE LIMITED WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN IS GIVEN EXPRESSLY AND IS THE ONLY WARRANTY GIVEN BY BRAE WITH RESPECT TO PRODUCTS. BRAE DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY NOT PROVIDED HEREIN, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. BRAE FURTHER DISCLAIMS ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, SECONDARY, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM OWNERSHIP OR USE OF ANY PRODUCTS OR BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES DUE TO INCONVENIENCE, LOSS OF USE OR LOSS OF INCOME. NO AGENT OR REPRESENTATIVE OF BRAE HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO EXTEND OR MODIFY THIS WARRANTY UNLESS SUCH EXTENSION OR MODIFICATION IS MADE IN WRITING BY A CORPORATE OFFICER.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages and some states do not allow limitations on how long implied warranties may last. Therefore, the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This Limited Warranty gives you speciﬁc legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state. SO FAR AS IS CONSISTENT WITH APPLICABLE STATE LAW, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES THAT MAY NOT BE DISCLAIMED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO ONE YEAR FROM THE DATE OF MANUFACTURE.